Barton to get a new art center. Photos by Tena Starr.
Irasburg votes 274-9 against wind projects
copyright the Chronicle October 7, 2015 by Elizabeth Trail IRASBURG — People filled the town hall and spilled out into the street on Thursday, October 1, to vote “no” on wind development in Irasburg. Hundreds stood in line to get into the … Continue reading
Getting ready for universal preschool
copyright the Chronicle October 7, 2015 by Nathalie Gagnon-Joseph ALBANY — Kelly Peters of Albany has two young children. One is in preschool after a year-long wait, and the other is on the waiting list to get in. According to Ms. Peters, … Continue reading
Where have all the blackberries gone?
copyright the Chronicle October 7, 2015 by Tena Starr Both of my children have signature birthday cakes. My son’s is a black forest cake, dark chocolate with chocolate frosting and cherry pie filling in the middle with individual cherries on top. My … Continue reading
An exploration of complex relationships
copyright the Chronicle October 7, 2015 Hidden View, by Brett Ann Stanciu. Paperback. 278 pages. Published by Green Writers Press. $19.95. Reviewed by Tena Starr Hidden View is the name of a hardscrabble dairy farm that the main character in this … Continue reading
Things To Do
The Old Stone House Museum marks the end of a busy season with its annual Harvest Candlelight Dinner to be held in the beautifully restored Samuel Reed Hall House in Brownington on Saturday, October 17, from 6 to 9 p.m. … Continue reading
- Irasburg votes 274-9 against wind projects
- Getting ready for universal preschool
- Where have all the blackberries gone?
- An exploration of complex relationships
- Obituaries October 7, 2015
- Harvest dinner to be held at the Old Stone House Museum
- Brighton woman accused of embezzlement
- Better a writer than a robber: Howard Mosher reflects on the Kingdom and its characters
- Abundant apple crop causes damage to trees
- Jardiniere, essentially a garden in a jar